Thursday, February 17, 2011

10%

I just ate a big ass bowl of Cheerios.  I hate Cheerios.  I rarely even drink milk anymore. 

I am having some internal conflict.  I am in an 8 week challenge. This is the 5th week and I'm feeling it.  I have transitioned into a healthier way of living, however I have this constant sense of guilt.  No matter how much better I eat, no matter how much harder I work, I feel I could always be doing better.  I feel this is more the challenge nagging at me, knowing there is a finish just ahead, knowing that results are key.  Suddenly in the 5th week, I am in some way revolting.  I have eaten a piece of Banana Cream pie, chocolate, and half, yes half, a heart shaped cake.  I'm also sick for the 2nd time in 2weeks and it's gotten to my head. 

I have to remember that the big take-away in this I AM XFIT Challenge for me is to begin to incorporate these better choices, this harder work in my daily life when the challenge is over.  To live the challenge out daily without the constant guilt of not food logging for two days in a row or missing workouts because life rears it's head and things must be dealt with at that time.  Big Mike recently said "90% rule".  I think that is going to be the way out of my head.  Now I just have to figure out how much 10% actually is...