Josey Rose was born October 1 2009. In the middle of November 2009 I joined Crossfit Central. Tony had been a member for 6 months and had gotten into the groove and experienced great results. I started out in On-Ramp for a few months then moved to Big Mike's 7 am class on M/W. I quickly realized that I had a lot of work to do independant of Crossfit to rehabilitate my knee. I had surgery October the previous year and had never really rehabed properly due to being pregnant. I backed off Crossfit classes and joined the Kettlebell classes. It has been a year of Kettlebell a couple times a week coupled with spin & barbell classes at Lifetime Fitness that has kept me busy ever since. I have competed in a Kettlebell challenge at Punch Gym with other friends from Crossfit and I took the Trojan Challenge during 2010. I have experienced weight loss, muscle gain, and lots of knowledge on nutrition and excercise from both Crossfit Central and from my own research.
What I have determined is that while I feel like I experienced some successes through 2010 on a physical level, I believe I am nowhere near what I am capable of being and feeling from the inside out. I sort of went through the motions and achieved some expected results. While doing Crossfit & KB, I still didn't eat well. I still drank excessively. My overall lifestyle was poor.
Today in February 2011, I start this personal blog with intention and perspective. I believe I have way more waiting to be tapped into. I believe that to "be strong" is a way of life for. It encompasses the mental, physical, and spiritual components of life that create who I am. I belive that by building a better physical Dusty, I will be building a better mental Dusty and a better spiritual Dusty. I want that.
Currently I am taking on the I AM XFIT Challenge. Today marks the beginning of Week 5 of an 8 week challenge. I am commited and eager to get some results to continue to fuel my fire. The challenge began Jan 8 and ends March 5. My personal goals for the challenge are: No drinking, No Gluten, 10 kipping pullups
I haven't had anything to drink since December 27th and I can note that I have mental clarity that makes me want to continue on after even after the challenge. A strong evaluation as to how much I make alcohal a part of my life has been underway.
I want to BE STRONG. I want to be a positive force. I want to be capable physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. I want to be the best I can be for myself. I want to inturn be the best I can be for my children as a mother, and as a wife for my husband, and as a friend to my friends and extended family. I want to LIVE WELL. I want to see my life through the eyes of a more confident, disciplined, appreciative, honest me.
So there it is... BE STRONG TO LIVE WELL.